Oh, let the hormones flow! I swear I love Christmas and I love the uplifting stories, but I cannot watch one more Good Morning America special or local news story about the terminally ill or disabled children or I'm going to dry up like a prune. Everything from a wheelchair-bound 8 year-old girl performing in the nutcracker to a terminally ill women who had her dead father's camera stolen only to have the thief turn it into a local news station to be returned to her with the film of her family's recent trip to Six Flags. I know most of this stuff would make some people cry, but I'm not a crier and I can't even make it through the introduction to the story without bursting into tears. Forget watching stories about things like little Caylee Anthony and other tragedies. When will the insanity stop?!
I'm sure some of it has something to do with Sam leaving recently. I do really miss him. I joke all the time that his deployments are good for our marriage and that I can't wait for him to deploy, but I don't really mean it. Ok, maybe it is good for our marriage (absence keeps the hearts fond of one another), but I'm definitely wishing he was here and not there. I did manage a trip to Walmart last night to buy some food to sustain me through the next couple of days. The problem with grocery shopping once a week is I never know what I might feel like eating. So I go to the grocery store and graze a little bit.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Weepy Willow
Posted by Caroline at 4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment